Built in the late 1800’s, the historic Pacific Commercial Building in Seattle’s Pioneer Square was home to one of the first and largest Japanese owned businesses in the US – The M. Furuya Company. The building, originally two stories until 1905 and five stories until it lost its top two floors in the 1949 earthquake. As part of the redevelopment effort, the top floors were added back onto the building – recreating one of Pioneer Square’s most distinctive buildings. The project includes funding from historic tax credits and new market tax credits. Winner of Seattle’s annual preservation award 2010.